Walking Pilgrim 6: Happiness
What do you need to be happy?
Now that I have a son, I think I need to know that he's healthy to be happy. Of course, I personally need to have enough food, water, a warm shelter, and friends to be happy. There are certainly many other things that make life rich: spending time in nature, listening to good music, etc. I can go without these things for awhile, but stress often builds up if I don't enjoy nature or listen to music for too long. I have to say, that given how lucky I am, I am almost always happy. I'm happy to be alive, and want to enjoy every day fully. So, most of all, I need to be alive to be happy! (I'm not sure if dead people can feel happy...)
Now that I have a son, I think I need to know that he's healthy to be happy. Of course, I personally need to have enough food, water, a warm shelter, and friends to be happy. There are certainly many other things that make life rich: spending time in nature, listening to good music, etc. I can go without these things for awhile, but stress often builds up if I don't enjoy nature or listen to music for too long. I have to say, that given how lucky I am, I am almost always happy. I'm happy to be alive, and want to enjoy every day fully. So, most of all, I need to be alive to be happy! (I'm not sure if dead people can feel happy...)

1 Comments:
At 11:40 PM,
giant said…
Saki, Yes! It's me. Yes, circumstances can make finding happiness very difficult. Being too busy is one such circumstance. In this case, the busy-ness is not your fault; I guess you mean all the homework, assignments, etc. The best advice I can give is be light about it. Be busy, but don't hurry. You know what I mean? There's a certain stress we create, I think, when we're busy. Perhaps the purpose is to motivate ourselves. Try to stay focused without the stress. Have a strong heart: don't feel pressure to please anyone but yourself. I try that approach. It's not easy, but to the extent that I can do it, it works... Write again when you get a chance!
john
Post a Comment
<< Home