walking pilgrim

Monday, June 28, 2004

Walking Pilgrim 2: Needs

What do you need in regard to food?

I really only need one meal a day--but after awhile I'd need two. I never eat three meals in a day. Perhaps because my habit is to eat large meals. I don't need snacks. In fact, I don't need any particular foods, but if certain foods are in the house I can't resist eating it. I love butter for example. Or figs. I'm relatively free in regard to drinks too. I could just live on water, but in the winter especially really enjoy some sort of herb drink. My body is very sensitive so I stay away from caffeinated drinks. I don't drink juices, generally, or sodas.

What do humans need in regard to food? is an interesting question. Most of us need food--but does everyone? I know an Indian yogi who says he went 8 years without eating solid food. During that time he only drank milk! He told me this personally, and that he was strong during that time and worked hard. Hmmmm... Some don't believe it, but do we really know the potential of a human? Most of us think we need much more than we actually need, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home